A generic website that sports your logo and brand name is not going to cut it if you want to extract the maximum benefits it can give you. A website, if used properly, has the potential to grow your business to great heights. Here are the best WordPress plugins that help improve the functionality and performance of your website.
Best Plugins For WordPress
Forms are an important way to gather feedback, customer information, queries, and even place orders. You need well-designed forms centered on human-computer interaction to validate the inputs and perform at a good speed. You get all of these and more from WPForms.
WPForms is a WordPress plugin specifically built for including well designed and high performing forms to your website.
Here are some of its features:
- Drag and drop form builder
- Responsive design
- Various built-in form templates
- Smart conditional logic for faster in out validation
- Instant notifications
- Built-in forms to ease the development of payments, donations, and online orders features.
- Spam protection
- Easy to embed forms
WPForms lets you build fully functional forms within minutes and make it easy for you to organize workflows. It allows for easy customization options and is highly adaptable to your particular needs.
WordPress sites must have an SEO plugin to help them optimize the content to be SEO-friendly. And if you are going to use a plugin, why not use the best of them? Yoast SEO has been consistently ranked as the best SEO plugin for several years now. Here are some of the features you will find useful:
- Title and meta descriptions
- Scheme implementation
- XML sitemaps
- Breadcrumbs control
- Automatically Set canonical URLs
- Helps avoid duplicate content.
- SEO analytics
- Readability analysis
- Content management tools
The premium version of the plugin includes many more advanced features and also provides solid technical support to get the hang of effective SEO management.
Sucuri is one of the best security plugins available for WordPress websites. This WordPress security plugin provides everything from spam analysis, firewall protection, malware scans to complete guides on the security practices that help keep your websites safe and sound.
Do not think twice to invest in security as any breach in data could cause irreparable damage to your brand image and financial loss.
Here are some cool features of Sucuri:
- Website firewall
- Incident response
- Performance boosting options
- SSL support
As all wise people know, it is always a good idea to keep backups for your software and data. UpdraftPlus provides a complete backup and restore solution for your WordPress site. Backups are extremely helpful in case of security breaches and accidental malfunctioning of the site.
Having a backup will ensure the safe restoration of your site and continued service delivery with little to no downtime. Here are some features provided by UpdraftPlus:
- It has an easy to use interface that makes backups east
- Scheduled automatic backups
- Restore site
- Site Cloning and migration
- Incremental backups
The plugin is available in a premium version, as well as a free version.
For growing businesses and businesses that need to show their growth to their audience, a Visitor Counter Plugin would be of great use.
Visitor Counter Plugin can count the number of visitors and provide additional stats on user behavior for your website. This is especially useful if you are a business with high footfall, like a casino and betting portals.
Here are some of its useful features:
- Easy installation and use
- Customizable options on visitor count display
- Track visitor count
Most users will leave a site if it takes more than 5 seconds to load. So, performance and speed are as important as SEO and functionality. NitroPack is a performance-boosting WordPress plugin. It can analyze your pages for any speed blocks and help you solve the speed issues. Here are some of its features:
- CSS compression and minification
- DNS prefetching
- Global CDN
- HTML compression and minification
- Http 2 support
- No CPU overhead
- Page speed optimization
- Page cache.
- Image optimization and lazy loading
- Browser aware caching
- Cloudflare compatibility
Many small-time businesses and growing companies conduct various contests and giveaways as part of their marketing strategy. Rafflepress is a WordPress plugin that helps simplify these tasks with features like:
- Drag and drop giveaway page builders
- Viral giveaway templates.
- Responsive designs
- 1 click entry + fraud protection
- Viral sharing
- Social media integration
- Marketing and CRM integration
- Giveaway Landing pages
- Tracking and retargeting visitors
There are a few trendy features that every visitor expects from a professional site. Live chat is a popular option that lets you interact with visitors and provide immediate customer support to your clients. The LiveChat plugin helps you easily integrate this feature into your website within a matter of minutes.
Here are some of its benefits and features:
- Lead management
- Qualify leads with custom forms
- Boost sales via chat conversations
- Improved customer experience
- AI automated chats to save on manual labor cost
- FAQs presented to customers in an intuitive way
There are very few plugins like WooCommerce, which provide full-fledged e-commerce support to your website. You don’t have to rack your brains hard when setting up an online store. Just use WooCommerce and focus on business strategizing instead of web development.
WooCommerce has everything you need to run an online store:
- Storefronts designs
- Easy page customizations
- Seo friendly
- Payment options and integration with payment gateways.
- Shipping options feature.
- Sales tax simplification
- Product pages, cart, and checkout features
Many blogs and content sites have found Akismet a great tool that saves them from spams and attacks.
Akismet is one of the best WordPress plugins that filter out spam and can be easily integrated to work with your existing plugins
Wordfence is another security plugin that provides an end to end firewall to protect your site from data leaks and unauthorized access. It provides you with features like:
- WordPress firewall
- WordPress security scanner
- Real-time threat monitoring
- Threat defense feed
- Centralized security management dashboard.
- Password protection
- Live traffic
- Advanced manual blocking
- File repairs
- Country blocking
- Two-factor authentication
Elementor is the ultimate page builder plugin that provides an extremely fast and efficient way to build WordPress sites. It offers pixel-perfect designs and is cleanly coded to deliver high performing sites. It also includes SEO-friendly features that help boost your site’s visibility.
It has over 80 design elements, easy drag and drop features, and a complete guide to building a site with little to no development knowledge.
It is compatible with almost all the latest essential plugins and can be used effectively to build unique designs for your website.
Site Kit from Google is a WordPress plugin that satisfies the ultimate need of the hour. It gives you insights about your users and helps you direct your business towards the path to success. Understanding user needs and behavior are indeed an important factor in developing a winning marketing strategy. Site kit helps you achieve that with features like:
- Easy to understand user stats on WordPress dashboard
- Official stats from Multiple google tools are all consolidated into your WordPress dashboard.
- Metrics for page, posts, and your overall website
- Granular access management and permissions across WordPress and other Google products
- Supports Google tools like Search Console, Analytics, Adsense, Page Speed Insights, Tag Manager, and Optimize.
The Wrap Up
So, these were some of the must-have plugins for WordPress that will streamline your operations and make managing the website a lot easier task.
What are your views on this? How many of these are you already using? Let us know in the comments below.